MARCH 2024 2-DAY RETREAT
Starts—Friday, March 15 at 7:00 p.m.
Ends—Sunday, March 17 at around 11:30 a.m.
Application Deadline—Friday, March 1
General Retreat Information
You may apply to stay at the Center during the March retreat if you meet the following requirements:
- You are a member or a Trial Member of the Triple Sangha.
- You are attending the retreat full time.
- If you are using public transportation to travel to retreat, you arrive a minimum of two days beforehand.
- You use a rapid home test on the day of retreat and receive a negative result.
Reminders About Retreat
- If there is any change in your status, you must contact Roshi.
- The retreat fee as well as your membership dues, if you are a member of the VZC, must be paid in full before the application deadline. If this is a hardship for you, please contact Jed Graef.
- Several days after the application deadline you will receive an e-mail formally confirming your acceptance and with information about how to connect via Zoom (for virtual participants) as well as your dokusan group number and dokusan procedures (for virtual participants). If you have any questions about the retreat or retreat procedures, please do not hesitate to contact the Center.
Pointers About Virtual Retreats
- The virtual option is only for those who live a ten or more hour drive to the Vermont Zen Center.
- We encourage you to maintain silence throughout the retreat to the extent you are able.
- Try to plan your meals in advance. Eat in silence if possible and, if you can, recite the meal chants.
- During sittings, it is best not to face your camera, but rather sideways. Please do not sit with your back to the camera. During chanting and teisho, please face the camera. Your video should be on at all times unless you are not at the sitting.
- It is essential that you consult with family members about your retreat expectations. Don't wait until the last minute to do this. The success of your retreat depends on good communication with those with whom you share living space.